TRINITY BIBLE CLUB.
Topic: The Bible is God’s Word. ( Lesson 12.)
Text: 2nd Timothy 3:16-17.
Memory Verse: “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”. 2nd Timothy 3:16.
Introduction. The Bible is the Word of God. It is the oldest book in existence. It took 1,600 years to write the Bible. It was written by 40 different authors/writers. All it’s contents is inspired by the Holy Spirit-that is why the Bible does not contradict itself.
It is the most popular and best selling book in human history. It is read in All Nations. It is read by both Adults and Children.
A)Some Symbolic Descriptions of The Bible.
1) A Lamp.
A Lamp shows you the way like a Torchlight in a Dark Room. In difficult situations when you do not know what to do, the wisdom of the Bible will guide you. But when you are too busy to read the bible, you make expensive mistakes in Life. That’s why God said:
“My People perish for lack of knowledge”. Hosea 4:6.
“Thy Word(theBible) is a Lamp unto my Feet, and a Light unto My Path”. Psalm 119:105.
The Bible provides Spiritual Food that helps you to grow Strong in your Christian Life and strengthens you to say No to Temptation, Bad Ways and Bad Friends. I encourage you to memorize portions of the Bible that speaks to your heart.
“Thy word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against thee(God)”. Psalm 119:11.
“As Newborn babies, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that you may grow(Spiritually)” 1st Peter 2:2.
A Mirror helps you to know whether your clothes and appearance is okay or not.
Similarly, when you study the Bible, it helps you to know how God sees you and what you may need to improve upon in your relationship with God and with the people around you.
“ For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was”. James 1:23-24.
B) How To Read The Bible.
1). Get a Quiet Place and a Specific Time Every Morning to read your Bible and to Pray.You can spend between 20-30 minutes daily.
2) Read a portion of it Every Day. Don’t read it only on Sundays or only when you go to Church. Get a Bible that is written in simple to understand English. It will help if you can get a Bible reading guide in your community that is designed for children of your age.
3).Read it prayerfully. Pray before reading, asking God to help you understand and receive his Word.
4).Read it Meditatively. As you read, Pause. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the main point of this portion?
- What does God – Father, Son or Holy Spirit reveal of himself?
- Is there a good example for me to follow?
- Is there a warning or bad example for me to avoid?
- Is there a promise for me to claim or believe God for?
- What does Christ require of me now, in thought, word or action?
Pray about what you learned from your Bible..Thank God for his goodness
and love. Confess your sins. Pray about what you desire and the needs of your family, friends, your Church and your Country..
5) Read the Bible Systematically. Complete the reading of one chapter before reading the next chapter. Finish the reading of one book before reading another book of the Bible. For example, Finish reading the Gospel according to John before reading Acts of The Apostles.
6) Read Determinedly. Determine to obey God in what he teaches you from the Bible.
Put into action what you have learned from your Bible in your everyday life: at home, at school, at work and at play, etc.
Make the Bible your everyday friend and let it guide you throughout your life.
On the Last Day, God will judge us by what is written in the Bible.
“ He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day”. John 12:48.
- Mention at least Two Symbols of the Bible.
- 33 Authors wrote the Bible. True or False. Give a Reason for your Answer
- The Bible is not the most popular book in the world. True or False.
- Mention 5 Ways to Study the Bible.
- God will not judge you from what is written in the Bible. True or False. Give a reason for your Answer.
By Revd. Fabian E. Udoh. (Copyright)